The 2019 Pi Day Celebrations are more irrational than ever!
Einstein was born on March 14th – 3.14 – the numeric equivalent of Pi! Every year the town of Princeton celebrates with an irrational number of events! Pie Eating, Pie Judging, Pie Throwing, Pi Recitation and Pizza Pie Judging Contests! Events with prize money are for contestants 12 yrs and younger!
Every year the town of Princeton celebrates with an irrational number of events! Pie Eating, Pie Judging, Pie Throwing, Pi Recitation, Pizza Pie and Cupcake Decorating Contests!
- Einstein Look A Like Winner receives $314.15!
- Pre-Teen Pi Recitation Winner receives $314.15!
- Pizza Pie Contest winner receives free pizza for a year!
- Best Apple Pie professional chef gets bragging rights for a year!
- Memorization suggestions from the first champion to break 10,000 digits
- Seth Fletcher, chief features editor at Scientific American, will speak about his new book, Einstein’s Shadow
- Free Motown Inspired Live Musical Performance!
For the non- competitive types, there are Surprise Birthday Parties, a Pi-Rade, story time and book signing and professionally guided tour of Einstein’s neighborhood. Adults can enjoy a guided Pub Crawl! Be sure to head to Landau’s at 102 Nassau Street to get commemorative tees!
Princeton is honored to host the world to celebrate our most beloved Princeton genius!
Click here for the expanded schedule with full descriptions and locations for each official event!
Princeton Tour Company & Nassau Inn
Yankee Doodle Tap Room, McCaffrey’s SuperMarket, Princeton Pi, Princeton Black Squirrel Promotions, Palmer Square, Landau’s, Princeton Public Library, Historical Society of Princeton & Paul Robeson Center for the Arts
MARCH 14h BE SURE TO ENJOY PRINCETON RESTAURANT WEEK!