Our two-hour guided tours allow you to learn about the famous students and residents that help to make Princeton the most treasured Ivy League town in America. Customized events are available year-round!
About Our Princeton Trolley Tours
What’s the best way to see Princeton’s holiday lights and historic sights? Being chauffeured in a warm trolley while an expert guide regales you with fascinating tales, of course!
Princeton’s Palmer Square is no Rockefeller Center. It’s WAY better! Our town green is surrounded by mom-n-pop shops, affordable parking, and friendly tour guides eager to show you the sites, all gussied up for the holidays. Plus, our ginormous spruce tree will be illuminated for countless family photos to PROVE you belong in genius country!
Our iconic trolley awaits just steps from the Square. Ride in comfort through the picture-perfect neighborhoods of Grover Cleveland, Woodrow Wilson, Andrew Carnegie, Albert Einstein, Robert Wood Johnson, Robert Oppenheimer, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Paul Robeson, Toni Morrison, Philip Roth, Michael Graves, and bunch of other big shots! Our knowledgeable guides point out the significant spots and keep you entertained with tales of noteworthy (and notorious) Princetonians, past and present.
These tours are made possible by Callaway Henderson Sotheby’s International Realty, Palmer Square, and Mistral Restaurant!
The trolley has limited seating, so even infants must purchase tickets to be sure we don’t overcrowd the trolley. All customers may show their phone receipts and receive valuable discounts on the day of the tour:
- 10% off one item at the bent spoon ice cream shop
- $1 off any whole hoagie at Hoagie Haven
- $1 off your first draft at Triumph Brewing Company
- 10% off at Olive’s
- 10% off lunch/dinner at Yankee Doodle Tap Room (excl. alcohol)
- 10% off any item at Dunkin Donuts at 86 Nassau Street
- Free Starbucks coffee w/any food item purchase from Starbucks at 100 Nassau Street
- Exclusive discounts at Princeton University Store
- 5% off non-sale items at Princeton Record Exchange
- 20% off for a Hoagie Haven T-shirt
Private tours available upon request
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to tour departure! Tours depart from Palmer Square at 29 Hulfish Street.
- All participants pay in advance of the tour. For individuals, payment is a one-time upfront payment. All individuals and groups may cancel within 48 hours with no penalty. All individuals and groups may cancel due to weather within 24 hours with no penalty. Individuals and groups requesting cancellations on the day of the tour or event will forfeit deposits and payments.