For 15 years running, our signature public walking tour has been the #1 Princeton attraction on TripAdvisor. Impressive, right? The New York Times, Chicago Tribune, and Washington Post have all written about it. Spoiler alert… they all say it’s awesome! Learn about everything that makes Princeton the most treasured Ivy League town!
Pi Day Princeton
Join the BIGGEST celebration of Pi & Einstein's birthday in certifiable genius country!
- 2023 PI DAY/EINSTEIN'S BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION Mandatory for Einstein Look A Like & Pi Recitation Contestants
Pi Day Princeton 2023 will be bigger than ever!
Princeton Pi Day Celebration
Einstein was born on March 14 — 3.14 — the numeric equivalent of Pi! Every year, the town of Princeton celebrates with an irrational number of events, including pie eating, pie throwing, pi recitation, pizza pie, and cupcake decorating contests!
- Pre-Teen Pi Recitation Winner receives $314.15!
- Youth & Adult Einstein Look A Like Winners receive $314.15!
- Pie Eating Contest
- Pie Throwing Event
- Pie Sampling Event
- Dinky Rides with Einstein!
- Memorization suggestions from the first champion to break 10,000 digits!
- Self guided Pie & Einstein Walkabouts through Princeton
For the non-competitive types, there are surprise birthday parties, a Pi-Rade, story time and book signings, and a professionally guided tour of Einstein’s neighborhood.
Princeton is honored to host the world to celebrate our most beloved Princeton genius!
Follow us on social media for the expanded schedule with full descriptions with locations for each official event!
McCaffrey’s SuperMarket, Lillipies, Princeton Black Squirrel Promotions, Princeton Shopping Center, Palmer Square, Princeton Garden Theatre, Princeton Public Library, Historical Society of Princeton, Institute for Advanced Study & Arts Council of Princeton/Paul Robeson Center for the Arts, Princeton Mercer Regional Chamber & Princeton CVB
Pi Recitation & Einstein Look A Like Registrations – $3.14 per contestant | Guarantees participation in Pi Recitation competition (12yrs and younger) | Guarantees participation in the Einstein Look A Like competitions |Winner of Pi Recitation contest receives $314.15 | Winners of Adult & Child Einstein Look A Like competitions receive $314.15
Most events are free to the public. Some non-profits charge nominal fees. See schedule for details.
- Most events are free and located in downtown Princeton. We recommend arriving early to guarantee participation; however, the purchase of contestant registration guarantees participation to compete in the Pi Recitation Contest.
2023 Pi Day Celebration Schedule
Saturday – 3.12.23
- 9:00 a.m. Apple Pie Eating Contest – 2nd Floor Dining Area inside McCaffrey’s Supermarket
- 10:30 a.m. Youth Einstein Look-A-Like Contests – Arts Council of Princeton – Paul Robeson Center for the Arts – 102 Witherspoon Street
- 12:00 p.m. Surprise Birthday Party & Dinky Train Ride with Albert Einstein – Dinky Train Station
- 10:30 a.m. Einstein in Princeton Self Guided Walking Tour – Paul Robeson Center for the Arts – 102 Witherspoon Street
- 12:00 p.m. Princeton School Gardens Cooperative Fundraiser – the bent spoon & LiLLiPiES
- 1:00 p.m. Learn to recite Pi from the first person to achieve 10,000 digits! – Arts Council of Princeton – Paul Robbeson Center for the Arts – 102 Witherspoon Street (Pi-Rade immediately follows from the same location)
- 1:30 p.m. Pi Recitation Contest –-Arts Council of Princeton – Paul Robeson Center for the Arts – 102 Witherspoon Street
- 1:59 p.m. “Our Magnetic Universe” Presentation by Dr. Susan Clark, Institute for Advanced Study Member inside Arts Council of Princeton- Paul Robeson Center for the Arts – 102 Witherspoon Street
- 2:00 p.m. Einstein Gallery Talk – Historical Society of Princeton at 354 Quaker Bridge Road
- 3:14 p.m. Pie Throwing Event – Palmer Square Green
- 5:00 p.m. Cookbook Signing – Lillipies – 301 Harrison Street
Tuesday, PI DAY – 3.14.23
- 11:30p.m. – 12:30p.m. Princeton Chamber and Institute for Advanced Study Albert Einstein Memorial Lecture – Location TBD
- 1:00p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Self Guided Pie Sampling & Albert Einstein Walking Tour
- 1:00p.m. – 5:00 p.m. PSGC Fundraiser – the bent spoon & LiLLiPies
- 3:14 p.m. – Guided Walking Tour of Albert Einstein’s famous homes and hangouts!
- 6:00p.m. – Adult Look A Like Contest, Pi Day Pub Crawl & Pop Up Wedding/Vow Renewal Ceremonies
Follow us for all the fun!