The Quintessentially Princeton self-guided audio tour is an immediately downloadable smartphone tour created for you to make your own way through the heart of historic Princeton.
- Per Participant
Learn More About Our Sightseeing Tours in Princeton
For 14 years running, our signature public walking tour has been the #1 Princeton attraction on TripAdvisor. Impressive, right? The New York Times, Chicago Tribune, and Washington Post have all written about it. Spoiler alert… they all say it’s awesome!
When it comes to legendary movers and shakers, the town of Princeton has an embarrassment of riches. Yet we never shy away from bragging about them non-stop during our most popular and comprehensive guided tour. On this picturesque 3-mile stroll, you’ll learn the fascinating history of Princeton University while taking in all the must-see campus sites, including Nassau Hall, Princeton Chapel, Prospect Garden, Blair Hall and Rockefeller College. Outside the gates, we’ll visit the homes and hangouts of Albert Einstein, F Scott Fitzgerald, TS Eliot, Woodrow Wilson, Grover Cleveland, Robert Wood Johnson and even ‘80’s icon, Brooke Shields, just to name a few! Whether you like to curl up with a history book or an US Weekly, this tour has something for everyone.
These tours, which run April through November, begin at 116 Nassau Street inside the Princeton University Store and end in the heart of downtown inside Mistral restaurant at 66 Witherspoon Street.
Private tours, scavenger hunts, pub crawls, and other customized events available year-round! More information here!
All customers may show their phone receipts and receive valuable discounts on the day of the tour:
- 10% off one item at the bent spoon ice cream shop
- $1 off any whole hoagie at Hoagie Haven
- 10% off at Olive’s
- 10% off lunch/dinner at Yankee Doodle Tap Room (excl. alcohol)
- 10% off any item at Dunkin Donuts at 86 Nassau Street
- Free Starbucks coffee w/any food item purchase from Starbucks at 100 Nassau Street
- Exclusive discounts at Princeton University Store
- 5% off non-sale items at Princeton Record Exchange
- 20% off for a Hoagie Haven T-shirt
- Tours start at 116 Nassau Street inside the Princeton U Store. We recommend parking in the nearby garages at 30 Spring Street. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour departure — we cannot wait for late arrivals. Dress appropriately for the weather forecast and anticipate a 3-mile leisurely pace.
- All participants pay in advance of the tour. For individuals, payment is a one-time upfront payment. All individuals may cancel via email within 48 hours for any reason and 24 hours in advance due to weather with no penalty. Individuals and groups requesting cancellations on the day of the tour may forfeit all payments.